Chiropractic Treatments for Lower Back Pain From Your Austin Chiropractor
Lower back pain is one of the most common conditions that affect adults in Austin TX. At North Lamar Chiropractic, we help our patients understand the cause of their lower back pain and overcome the condition that causes lower back pain to occur. We treat pain at its source, so our patients are able to keep lower back pain away. Whether you’re experiencing lower back pain as a recurring chronic condition, or as the result of a recent injury, we can help.
Causes of Lower Back Pain
There are many reasons that people in Austin experience lower back pain! Some of the most common causes of this musculoskeletal problem include:
- Ergonomic trouble at work. Sitting improperly in a chair or sitting in a chair that provides no support can cause lower back pain or pain in other areas of the back.
- Poor mattress at home. Sleeping on a mattress that provides no support can put strain on the muscles in the back. This can cause chronic back pain and can even lead to injury over time.
- Hard manual labor. Manual labor puts stress on the muscles and joints of the back. Hard work can also cause a herniated disc, which can lead to pain in the back and tingling and numbness in the arms and legs.
- Herniated disc. A herniated disc is a problem that occurs when the disc in the back becomes damaged and protrudes outward. This puts strain on the spinal cord and prevents the back from healing.
Lower Back Pain in Austin, TX
As your chiropractor in Austin, we provide a range of treatments for lower back pain. Some of the most common and effective treatments we provide to our patients include:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is the cornerstone of chiropractic care. With this technique, we realign the vertebrae and reduce the pressure on the spinal cord. Spinal adjustment encourages self-healing and can encourage the body to function better over time.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can help improve strength in the muscles and improve patient mobility. Stretches and exercises allow patients to move more freely, which can help prevent injury from compensatory postures.
- Lifestyle advice. Many people experience lower back pain as the result of behaviors that put strain on the muscles and cause injury to the spinal column. We help patients identify these problems, so they can overcome their injuries and avoid injury in the future.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy helps relieve patient stress and reduce tension in the muscles. Our massage therapy provides fast relief for lower back pain.
Contact Your Chiropractor In Austin for Lower Back Pain Treatment
As your Austin chiropractor, we can help you manage your lower back pain and avoid back pain in the future. Our techniques are all natural and safe. To make an appointment, contact us today at 512-835-1955.