Auto accidents can cause devastating injuries. As your chiropractor in Austin, TX, we regularly work with patients suffering from musculoskeletal problems and other auto accident related injuries. Using all natural, gentle chiropractic techniques, we offer auto accident injury treatment in Austin, TX. Our chiropractic techniques can realign the spinal column, restore proper functioning to the central nervous system, relieve stress on the muscles and encourage the body to heal.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Auto accidents can cause a variety of injuries including:
- Concussion. Serious head injuries can cause headaches, nausea, blurry vision and other problems.
- Seat belt injuries. Sometimes the seat belt can cause bruising and muscle strain where it pulls against the body during an accident.
- Herniated disc. A herniated disc is a type of injury that occurs when the disc between the vertebrae protrudes outward, putting pressure on the spinal cord.
Whiplash Causes and Symptoms
Whiplash occurs when the head is jerked suddenly, causing tiny tears in the muscles and ligaments of the neck. Whiplash can cause a variety of symptoms including:
- Headaches and migraines
- Difficulty sleeping
- Limited mobility
- Muscle pain and tenderness
- Blurry vision
- Limited range of motion
- Neck pain
- Back pain
Whiplash is one of the most common forms of auto accident injury. If not properly treated after the accident occurs, whiplash can affect the patient for years into the future.
Chiropractic Treatment From Your Austin Chiropractor
Chiropractic care focuses on improving the overall functioning of the body. As your Austin chiropractor, we use a technique called spinal adjustment to help reduce pressure on the spinal cord and improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Spinal adjustment treats pain at its source and speeds the healing process. In addition to spinal adjustment, we use the following techniques to help our patients:
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique we use to reduce muscle stress and pain. Massage therapy also helps improve blood flow to injured areas of the body.
- Therapeutic stretches and exercises. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can improve range of motion and help the body move more naturally after an injury occurs.
- Lifestyle advice. Lifestyle advice helps patients avoid further injury by teaching them to make smart behavior and lifestyle choices.
- Nutrition counseling. We teach patients how to eat a healthy anti-inflammatory diet to reduce swelling and speed recovery.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Austin, TX
Some auto accident injuries, like whiplash, can take days or weeks to manifest symptoms after an accident occurs. Patients who wait to seek treatment may experience complications and greater pain. If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident, don’t hesitate to contact your chiropractor in Austin, TX. We can provide fast diagnosis for your condition, even if you have not yet begun to show symptoms. We can help! To make an appointment, contact North Lamar Chiropractic at 512-835-1955.