Your shoulders are important joints. After all, they’re responsible for supporting your arms and performing most of your upper body movements. The nerves, bones, muscles, tendons, and other tissue in your shoulders must work together properly, because damage to one part can cause pain or mobility loss for the whole shoulder. And because these body parts are connected to your head, neck, spine, and arms in crucial ways, shoulder pain is rarely an isolated symptom. Fortunately, our chiropractor in Austin offers all-natural solutions for shoulder pain relief.
At North Lamar Chiropractic, we know how debilitating shoulder pain can be. Even if your shoulder pain isn’t accompanied by back pain, it could be related to an injury or condition that affects the spine, so it’s important to seek care from an experienced chiropractor in North Lamar, Austin.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
At North Lamar Chiropractic, we see patients with a wide range of shoulder-related symptoms. If you suffer from shoulder pain, our North Lamar chiropractor will evaluate your whole body and lifestyle to isolate the cause. We always look for underlying conditions and symptoms, but the most common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Sudden Injury – Auto accident injuries, sports injuries, and other acute injuries may result in damage or inflammation in the shoulders. Untreated inflammation will slow down the healing process and cause shoulder pain.
- Repetitive Injury – Over time, anything from heavy lifting to poor posture can cause gradual damage to your shoulder joints or gradual shifting in your spine, resulting in shoulder pain and loss of function.
- Degeneration – Degenerative disc disease, arthritis, and the effects of aging can all cause certain cells to die faster than they regenerate, leaving your shoulder joints without enough connective tissue or cartilage to properly lubricate the bones. If your shoulder pain is caused by degeneration, our chiropractic team will help stimulate healing while providing short-term pain relief and long-term pain management.
Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain in Austin
Our North Lamar chiropractor, Dr. Joseph H. Lones III, DC, is committed to intervening early and treating your shoulder pain at its source. Our chiropractic care includes chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, and a variety of other techniques for reversing the causes of shoulder pain and helping your body heal. Our chiropractic care for shoulder pain includes:
- Spinal Manipulations – Our Austin chiropractor corrects misalignments in the spine to prevent painful nerve compression and weakness in the shoulder joints.
- Corrective Exercises – Is your shoulder pain caused by repetitive professional or athletic injuries? Our Austin chiropractor will help you correct damaging habits and prevent long-term complications like shoulder pain and injury.
- Massage Therapy – Deep tissue massage therapy allows us to stimulate the muscles and tendons in your shoulders, promoting healing and relieving pain.
- Extremity (Shoulder Manipulation) – Realign shoulder joint to improve joint motion. Stretching joint capsules and break up joint adhesions.
- Physical Medicine Procedures – Ultrasound, Electrical Muscle Stimulation, Heat, Diathermy, Cold therapy, traction.
At North Lamar Chiropractic, we’re proud to offer all-natural pain relief and pain management options for our Austin patients. Call us today at 512-835-1955 to schedule an appointment with our Austin chiropractor.