Whiplash is one of the most common forms of injury that affects auto accident victims in Austin, TX. At North Lamar Chiropractic in Austin, we treat whiplash and other auto accident injuries with gentle, natural chiropractic care. As your chiropractor in North Lamar, we use non-invasive, medication-free techniques to help you overcome your injuries after your auto accident in Austin. Knowing the symptoms of whiplash and understanding the cause of this injury can help you get the care you need after your accident occurs.
Causes and Symptoms of Whiplash
Whiplash frequently occurs during rear impact auto accidents that cause the head and neck to be jerked forward or backward. When this happens, small tears that develop in the muscles and ligaments of the neck can cause a variety of unpleasant symptoms such as:
- Tenderness and stiffness in the neck and shoulders.
- Inflammation at the site of the injury.
- Limited mobility and limited range of motion.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Blurry vision.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Difficulty sleeping.
These symptoms can take days or weeks to manifest after the accident occurs.
Why You Should See a Chiropractor Even If You Have No Symptoms
Many car accident victims fail to realize that they have whiplash after an auto accident. Because they don’t know that they’ve been injured, patients can take days or weeks to contact the chiropractor. During that time, some patients will develop complications and pain. Seeing the chiropractor right away after an accident occurs can help a patient get the treatment he or she needs before symptoms and complications can develop.
Chiropractic Care to Treat Injuries From Your Auto Accident in Austin
As your chiropractor in Austin, TX, we provide a range of services that can help patients suffering from whiplash. Some of the most common techniques we use to help our patients include:
- Spinal adjustment. By realigning the spine, spinal adjustment can reduce patient pain and swelling, while also improving communication between the brain and the rest of the body. This technique helps patients heal faster and feel more comfortable during the rehabilitation process.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy can help reduce patient swelling and can also improve range of motion. In addition, massage therapy can help improve circulation around the injured parts of the body, to speed the healing process.
- Therapeutic stretches and exercises. Therapeutic stretches and exercises can help patients improve mobility and range of motion, which makes it easier to recover. Stretches and exercises also help patients build up muscles and coordination after an accident.
- Lifestyle advice. Patients who make small lifestyle changes after an accident occurs may avoid complications.
Contact Your Chiropractor in North Lamar
As your chiropractor in North Lamar, we can help you manage your whiplash and reduce symptoms after an accident occurs. We can even diagnose your condition before you’ve begun to show symptoms! If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident, don’t hesitate to make an appointment. Contact us at 512-835-1955.