HOME OF AUSTIN’S $50.00 DOT PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FOR CDL
(price subject to change without web notification)
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the DOT health exam. The goal of the DOT / CDL exam at North Lamar Chiropractic Center is to determine whether a potential driver is physically capable of driving safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Successfully passing all portions of the DOT Physical Exam for CDL exam usually means you only have to take the exam once in a 24 month time. Although in some instances this period might be decreased if health problems are present or expected to arise in the future.
Department of Transportation Requirements
To pass the physical for the CDL:
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision, and at least 70 degrees of peripheral vision on the horizontal meridian in each eye.
- Must be capable of distinguishing colors found on traffic signals.
- Hearing should be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 159/99. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is permitted.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not permitted without a Federal Waiver.
- Includes Urine Testing for Specific Gravity, and the absence of Protein, Blood, and Glucose.
- If urine Glucose is elevated may require copy of A1C blood test results.
- General history and physical examination to determine if driver is fit to safely perform activities required for driving.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowed.
- In case you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as congestive cardiac failure, collapse or cardiac insufficiency, then you will need to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test along with a note from your physician which states that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions.
- Drivers taking any medication bring a letter from treating doctor indicating medication currently prescribed and a notation from the doctor indicating that you are following prescribed plan of care.
- Drivers using a CPAP machine should bring a print out of machine usage.
Drug and/or Alcohol Testing, Nicotine Testing, Sleep Apnea Studies, Blood Testing, ECG, and other testing’s are not mandatory for routine DOT Physical Examination for a CDL, without any known or suspected medical conditions.
Upon completion and passing a DOT Physical Examination for CDL at North Lamar Chiropractic Center, Examinee will be given a copy of The Examination Form and Medical Examination Certificate.